CareersJoin the YF team
At YF, growth is the ultimate goal. We work hard to deliver growth for our clients, be it brands, retailers or investors. Above all else we celebrate a growth mindset in our people.
Our shared values
- Take ownership and make things happen
- Stay focused and don’t give up
- Embrace innovation and adapt to changes
- Build and nurture genuine relationships
- Be the best in your field of expertise
- Follow through on your commitment
Focus on what matters
- Prioritise the most impactful tasks
- Find joy in the little moments along the way
- Take care of yourself and those around you
Aspire to grow
- Step outside of your comfort zone and challenge yourself
- Take charge of your personal development and invest in it
- Offer quality feedback to others
We are proud to be B Corp certified
Since 2022 have been a certified B Corp – the highest standard for corporate social responsibility.
Alongside only 1,000 like-minded businesses in the UK, we are driving the shift to a new kind of economy that is better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment.
More than just a place to work
YF is more than just a place to work; it is a place to learn and grow, surrounded by the best and brightest. That is why we offer employees a range of benefits and are committed to helping them live a balanced life — both inside and outside of YF.
We have a growth mindset and we work hard to ensure our team is meeting their potential. We invest in learning and development at all levels, from mentoring to formal training programmes.
We provide autonomy and flexibility when getting the job done. On average we each spend two days per week working remotely and have core hours of 10-4pm so that you can fit work around your life. Each quarter our ‘work from anywhere week’ lets you take your laptop far and wide to have a change of scenery.
We live and breathe (and eat and drink) the brands we work with. We are lucky to be regularly sent samples to try as well as attend trade shows throughout the year to try all the incredible products on offer.
Weekly drinks, monthly team lunches, quarterly socials, half year offsite and more. Spending quality time as a team is of great importance at YF and we make sure time is made for this every day.
Meet some of our team
Phil, Supply Chain
What our employees say about us
Alex Townson, Head of Outsourced Supply Chain
“Working alongside an ambitious, dedicated team means there’s never a dull day. We focus heavily on growth and personal development whilst creating a close-knit team who all want to see each other do well.”
Bec Bradbury, Recruitment Manager
“I love working with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do and the impact they’re having, both within YF and the brands we partner with”
Emma Chatham, Junior Community Manager
“Every day I wake up excited to work with brilliant people. Our culture puts people first and the brands we work with feel like an extension of our team.”
Sophie Roberts, Junior Operations Manager
“I love being able to do such varied work and work with so many different, innovative companies every day. At YF I really feel like I have a voice within the company and can make a change both internally and externally with brands.”
Below are roles we are currently recruiting. Read more for details on how to apply.
YF is a consultancy specialising in unlocking value in innovative high-growth consumer businesses. Using our unique market read, YF provides advice and a wide range of services to retailers, investors and the brands themselves.
Our FMCG brand services span Recruitment, Supply Chain, HR, Commercial, Financial Advisory and more. Our insight is uniquely fuelled by our not-for-profit Brand Community which gives us a pulse over more than 1,500 brands.
YF is a certified B Corp, driving the shift to a new kind of economy that is better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment.
About the role
Our Recruitment function has grown explosively since launch and we have a track record of hiring entire teams for the most successful innovative brands in the FMCG industry.
We are looking for an experienced recruiter to join the team and run the red hot sales desk, covering roles from £30-70k. This desk has a steady flow of inbound leads from high growth brands – check out our website to see some of the businesses we work with.
As a key member of the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Management of the end-to-end recruitment process, from taking and shaping role briefings with brands, to supporting candidates through the interview process to close
- Nurturing consultative relationships and advising on the long-term hiring plans for FMCG brands on their journey to mainstream scale
- Running simple, thorough and effective hiring processes for all clients and candidates
- Collaborating with the wider team at YF to deliver cross functional projects
As you develop in this role, you’ll have the chance to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the position.
- 2+ years of recruitment experience, ideally in FMCG
- A human and consultative approach to recruitment
- Hard working and thrive from being in control of own schedule
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent candidate attraction and management experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- A collaborator and team player
What’s in it for you
As a Recruitment Manager at YF, you’ll thrive in an environment where ownership is key. You’ll be empowered to make things happen and encouraged to take the initiative to deliver outstanding results. We value genuine relationships and you’ll have ample opportunities to build and nurture connections, both within our team and with external clients. You will make a real impact and drive continuous growth in a dynamic FMCG market.
We value innovation and adaptability in the face of new challenges and you will receive support to stay ahead of the game in this rapidly changing industry. Our team is passionate about pushing the boundaries and making a difference, and we’re committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Alongside this, we offer:
- A competitive salary plus commission
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and 1 extra day each year after 3 years of service
- A ‘work from anywhere week’ each quarter
- 2 volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly drinks, monthly team lunches, quarterly socials, half year offsite and more
- Access to FMCG industry trade shows & events with a focus on all things innovation
- All the food & drink snacks you can get your hands on!
Office: Nine Elms, London
Full-time role with minimum 3 days per week in the office (4 during probation period)
Sounds like you?
If you’re ready to support innovative brands on their growth journey, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Freelance Events and Marketing Coordinator
Our goal is to drive innovation in FMCG.
We work with consumer brands on a journey to mainstream success, providing advisory and support services to help them scale. We also partner with retailers and investors to make it easier for them to identify and get behind high potential brands. By supporting both sides, we can drive the flywheel of progress.
Our FMCG brand services span Supply Chain, Recruitment, HR, Commercial, Financial Advisory and more. Our insight is uniquely fuelled by our not-for-profit brand Community which gives us a pulse over more than 1,500 brands.
We are a certified B Corp, driving the shift to a new kind of economy that is better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment.
About the freelance opportunity
Members of our Community benefit from rubbing shoulders with fellow founders and leaders and connecting with industry leaders from across the trade. They do so by attending insight led events, and networking opportunities, both in-person and virtual.
We are looking for a freelance Events and Marketing Coordinator to take on responsibilities regarding Community coordination and the planning, executing and reporting of the YF Community events. The position will likely be 2-3 days a week, with hours spread over the working week.
Examples of events could include a lecture series in an auditorium setting, discussions via Google Meet, banquet dinners and summer and Christmas drinks.
You can find out more about the brands we work with and Community events here.
- Creating event content for the YF Community; ensuring events are relevant to brands needs, working with Business Unit Heads and other relevant stakeholders to design and coordinate event topics and content.
- Responsible for planning of logistics and executing virtual and in-person events; booking venues and scheduling speakers etc.
- Responsible for working with relevant YF partners (e.g. to deliver content / events).
- Researching vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and choose the best combination of quality and cost.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favourable terms and pricing.
- Accountable for delivering calendar invites and marketing the events to members alongside tracking of RSVPs and ensuring event attendance meets targets.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to create pre and post event content to deliver benefits of events and exclusive insights.
- Consistently deliver high event attendance and member NPS.
- Responsible for ensuring that members have a positive experience pre, during and post events and would advocate to other brands.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring all Community member data is 100% accurate at all times (e.g. WhatsApp group, emails etc.)
- Responsible for coordination and management of YF training courses.
- Responsible for ad hoc coordination and administrative duties as required.
- This role will be expected to attend ~12-15 daytime events per year (usually 9am-12pm or 3-6pm) and ~2-3 evening events per year (usually 7pm-midnight).
- Usually daytime events will have attendance of ~50-80 people. Evening events can be up to 300 people.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of KPIs in events management
- Excellent multitasking and task prioritisation skills
- Strong written English
- Understanding of how to generate advocacy within a community / events
- Problem-solving ability
- Thoughtful approach to dreamweaving / creation of special experiences
- Nice to have: baseline FMCG knowledge
- Be a connector
- Build rapport
- Be human
- Be intentional, not transactional
- Deliver quality work
- Be prepared
- This is a freelance role with the expectation of 2-3 days per week, likely spread over the working week.
- This can be remote or office based with the expectation to attend events.
Sounds like you?
If you are ready to support innovative brands on their growth journey, we would love to hear from you. Please send your direct application, no agencies.
If you do not see the perfect role but would still like to apply, send your CV, cover letter and describe your ideal role to [email protected]
YF is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status.